Sunday, November 16, 2014

Review: Salty Peanut Gelato Cafe

East Village is a mixed development near Simpang Bedok that has officially opened a month ago. Many of the stalls, especially the ones inside, are still vacant. Besides a Cold Storage, there are several small F&B establishments fronting the mall.

Just recently I got to try out Salty Peanut gelato cafe. Their signature flavour, needless to say, is salty peanut. Despite not being a fan of creamy ice cream, I tried the salty peanut and gula melaka with salt. A single scoop costs $3.80.

Salty peanut tasted like snickers without chocolate and full of finely grounded peanuts. It was fragrant and has just the right amount of sweetness. I am not a fan of peanuts, so to me this was of average liking.

Gula melaka is something I love, but I was kind of reluctant to try out for fear of it being very rich and sickening. To me surprise, it was actually very good, much better than the salty peanut. It has a rich taste of gula melaka but doesn't have the richness of coconut milk which sometimes make me feel sick when eating desserts with gula melaka. The salty taste from the salt added another dimension to it and helped brought out the fragrance of the gula melaka. Like it, yay!

Some other flavours I spotted were Matcha, Tutti Frutti, Mixed Berries and Kiwi Sensation (?). Might be back to try out their fruity flavours next time.



Address
Salty Peanut
430 Upper Changi Road, #01-69

No comments:

Post a Comment