Friday, November 21, 2014

Review: Pince and Pints

I have been wanting to try out Pince and Pints (P&P) for a long time, but was choosing the right time to go so that I can avoid having to queue. I tried Burger and Lobster (B&L) in London, where P&P drew inspiration from, and had a really enjoyable meal there.

Went on a Wednesday evening. Reached around 5.45pm and there was some refurbishing going at the other half of the shop so I can only be seated at around 6.15pm. I love the grilled lobster at B&L so naturally I opted for the same at P&P. The pricing at B&L and P&P were about the same, though I have this feeling that it is more value for money in London compared to Singapore as it is more difficult to get a S$5 meal in London than in Singapore, so at S$48 per lobster dish... B&L is definitely value for money.



My grilled lobster took about 15mins to arrive. It was plated just like B&L and has the same side dishes to go with it. I would say the lobster at P&P was decent and worth a visit, but after experiencing the one at B&L, this pales in comparison.

The lobster here was smaller and doesn't seem as fresh as over at B&L. The flesh should be firm and bouncy, but it was mushy at some parts. The char-grilled taste was there and it was delicious, but the quality of the lobster definitely needed some improvement. I remembered feeling full and satisfied at B&L, but not so at P&P. I even managed to finish everything (including the fries and salad) even though I'm an extremely small eater! The greens had the taste of soil/mud and the overall taste was just ok. The butter/garlic sauce seems diluted and the chives seems like it has been left in the open for a long time. The fries, at first few bites, was surprisingly better than at B&L. However, towards the end of my meal, I started to feel the grease in my throat and was wondering if they used bad oil or didn't change the oil often enough. That said, their service was excellent, way better than at B&L.


Address
Pince and Pints
32, 33 Duxton Rd, 089497

No comments:

Post a Comment