Thursday, November 27, 2014

Review: Breakfast at Tim Ho Wan (Aperia)

Who hasn't been to Tim Ho Wan? The cheapest Michelin-starred restaurant with branches all over the world. I have been to try their lunch/dinner dim sum at least 3 times.

They have now opened a 24hours outlet at Aperia Mall, near Lavender MRT. The mall is new, with low occupancy rate and a bit out of the way, maybe the crowd will start to come now that Tim Ho Wan has settled in. This is the only outlet where you can savour their breakfast and supper menu, which differs from their lunch/dinner menu.

I went on a Saturday morning, around 8am, and there were 4 or 5 tables being occupied. The breakfast menu is straight forward, with only 6 sets to choose from. To be honest, I was quite disappointed with their breakfast menu. I like having dim sum items like siew mai, shrimp dumpling and pork ribs, but they don't have it here.



I ended up choosing set F, comprising 2 signature pork buns, 1 century egg and pork porridge and 2 pieces pan-fried carrot cake and 1 hot tea. I don't like char siew, so naturally I don't often eat such buns, but only Tim Ho Wan's pork buns seems decent. The century porridge was quite tasty, and if I am coming back again, I will probably get set B. The carrot cake was alright, but I am not fond of having fried/oily stuff for breakfast.


For breakfast, you have to place your order at the counter first, after which you will be provided with a number and you can self-collect when your number is called. It can be quite confusing, especially if you ordered several sets at one go. The staff at the collection counter will tell you to come back again later for your 2nd set.

No comments:

Post a Comment