Saturday, November 29, 2014

Review: No Name Cheng Tng

cheng tng is one of my favorite dessert, and i'm lucky to be living near two of the most famous cheng tngs stalls in singapore. i had the one at bedok food corner (ye lai xiang) a few times already, but this is my first time trying 'no name cheng tng' which is actually within walking distance from my house.

for me, i like my cheng tng to be full of ingredients and not too sweet. no name got it right. at only $1.60 (they increased by 10 cents due to rising food costs) for eat-in and $1.70 for takeaway, they are surely one of the most affordable cheng tngs in singapore. you can see my bowl of cheng tng below, it's filled to the brim. all the ingredients were good, my only small complain is that the white fungus (my least favourite ingredient in a cheng tng) is 'dry' and there's too much of it. taste of the longan soup is similar to ye lai xiang.

although ye lai xiang is widely known to be the best, but 'no name' is a close second, if not on par... not to mention it comes at half the price of ye lai xiang!



Address
No Name Cheng Tng
Block 69, Bedok South Avenue 3

No comments:

Post a Comment