Thursday, November 20, 2014

Review: The Lawn @ Shenton

Happened to be around Tanjong Pagar when I dropped by The Lawn for lunch. I like salads, especially when there are a wide variety of toppings and generous serving. Salad-focused F&B outlets are usually on the pricey side. The last thing one wants to feel is to pay a lot yet end up hungry and dissatisfied.

The staff were polite and efficient in taking and preparing your order. You get a slip of paper to choose either salad/olive rice and your choice of mains. You can choose 5 toppings for if you opt for the salad, otherwise it will just be rice, standard salad and the main.


I had the salad (mesclun leaves with egg, cucumber, olives, pineapple, fusilli pasta), grilled cajun chicken with a honey mustard dressing. I have tried other salad outlets before, but this is is by far the best. The portion was substantial with the right amount of mesclun leaves and topping so that I am full but not tired from all that chewing. I think I did a neat combination with the toppings as it doesn't feel dry even with the little dressing I added and neither was it too bland or salty. Though the pineapples were canned, but it added some sweetness and juice to my salad. My only disappointment was the cajun chicken. It was breast meat and thus very dry. For a meat-lover, I actually enjoyed the salad more than the meat.


Address
The Lawn at Shenton
8 Shenton Way #B1-11
AXA Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment