Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Review: Mizon Apple Smoothie Peeling Gel for sensitive, dry and flaky skin

I always have this problem of dry flaky skin when using BB cream or foundation. Despite several attempts at moisturising my skin, the problem still occurs. The patchy spots can become obvious especially in an air-conditioned room.

I read up on solutions to my problem and there will always be this advice to exfoliate your skin. It is a piece of advice which I took to heart and went in search of some simple exfoliating products. I am actually quite fair and my skin smooth with no breakouts. The only problem is dryness (not noticeable if I am not wearing makeup) and some sun spots at the cheek area. Because of my relatively good skin and complexion, I avoid putting on too much products on my face because after all, they are chemicals.

I bought a Japanese brand exfoliating paste from Tokyu Hands after noticing the 'natural' exfoliant, rice bran. It does a decent job in leaving my skin feeling squeaky clean but it also brings about a tightness to my skin. Although the exfoliant is natural, but it is really physically scrubbing away the skin cells, dead or not.

My second product was the Mizon Apple Smoothie Peeling Gel seen below. It comes in a standard 120ml plastic tube. It claims to use fruit extract to 'dissolve' the dead cells on your skin without damaging your skin.



The gel is translucent and after rubbing in circular motions for a few seconds, you will feel the granules on your skin.



The granules are not your dead skin cells, or at least not all of it are. There will be more granules if you use it directly on dry skin as compared to when your skin is wet. I applied a bit more around my dry flaky spots - around my nose and forehead. It soothes my skin and makes it a bit smoother and brighter. I don't need any moisturiser after using this product because it doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight.



Overall, I am pleased with this peeling gel from Mizon. I have been using it probably two or three times a week and so far no adverse effect.

Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment