Sunday, July 3, 2016

Review: Unboxing Longchamp Roseau Tote

This bag is full of regrets. Given another chance, I probably would not have bought the Longchamp Roseau tote. Instead, I would have saved up for the heritage version. The difference is the material used - split cowhide vs calfskin. The split cowhide gives off a plasticky cheap look.

Another regret is the choice of the longer handle over the shorter handle. The long handle makes it look more dated than it really is. The reason why I chose the long handle version was that I prefer carrying my bags on my shoulder and freeing up my hands.

Longchamp also had the reversible version for their roseau line. While the reversible ones look more modern and young, it doesn't come with an internal pocket. This lack of security makes me decided against the reversible.

For a work bag, I would still give this bag a nod, but if you are looking for feel-good work bag, this might not be for you.

Pros:
- Affordable considered it's 'branded'
- Roomy, with expandable snap sides
- Clean look with the bamboo closure adding a personality to the bag
- Storage pocket for storing loose items
- Light-weight
- A functional bag

Cons:
- Split cowhide material has a plasticky feel to it
- Dated design
- Bamboo closure might give you some problems if you are in a rush
- Looks slouchy and flat when empty

Watch the unboxing video here:


No comments:

Post a Comment