Saturday, March 19, 2016

Review: Yuul Yie's YY Cream Pumps 16 Spring

When I first saw these pumps on instagram, I knew I had to get it. I love the shape of the toe box and the cream colours.

The price point seemed expensive for a brand that isn't that well-known on the international stage yet. I have heard of Yuul Yie from Kpop idols wearing it, however, there wasn't much international review of the quality their shoes. Their main line 'Yuul Yie' is the more lux version and also more expensive. These pumps are form their YY line which I think is their more affordable range. Still, it costs about US$150 for it.

After debating for some time, I finally placed my order at their international site. It wasn't the most user-friendly of sites. With a shipping fee of about US$20, I would expect the delivery to be faster. The status remained as 'getting ready to ship' for a week and I had to drop an email to them. No reply from them, but a tracking code secretly appeared beside my order status a few days after my email.



Here's a look at my pumps and a low-down on it.
I got the orange-red one. Accordingly to the specs listed on their website, the outer material is made of cow and sheep skin while the inner material is made of PU. Heel height is 6cm. I usually wear a Korean size 235 and YY's pumps are generally true to size.



Pros:
- design, when seen from the front and the side is love!
- orange-red colour (although more red than orange) is exactly like in the photos
- comfortable enough without causing major blisters on first wear

Cons:
- a bit pinching on the toes
- design when seen from the back not that great because of the chunky heel
- leather quality not that great

The reason why I said the quality of their leather isn't that great is a scratch line appeared after a gentle brush against the left of the table (see below).




No comments:

Post a Comment