Saturday, November 14, 2015

Review: Aura (Restaurant Week 2015)

Aura was my second restaurant week meal. After a disappointing first meal at Sabio by the Sea, I wasn't expecting much.

We went for the lunch, and being one of the first few to visit the National Gallery before it officially opens, it was a nice visit. The restaurant two floors, one for their main restaurant, and the other for their bar. Both have a nice view overlooking the padang.

Appetizer was scallop crudo with truffle. It was too delicious, with the scallops and truffle complementing each other very well. I truly enjoyed this dish found myself craving for more.


Next comes the whole wheat stracci with duck and foie gras. Another appetizer?! It was a heavy dish but enjoyable. Reminded me of the Chinese dish of noodles with duck in hoisin sauce.


For the main course we had a choice of the black cod or beef sirloin. I chose the sirloin which was a clear option for me before the meal. However, after the heavy stracci dish, I was feeling quite full and longed for the black cod instead. Thankfully the portion of the beef sirloin was just nice. Nicely seared on the outside and still pink and juicy on the inside. A respectable sirloin, just not entirely wow.


After the sirloin, I was certainly not looking forward to the profiteroles dessert because I was already 90% full. It came looking pretty with each colour representing one of the 3 flavours: strawberry, pistachio and chocolate. Surprisingly the little dots of berry sauce on the plates were very appetite-inducing and I managed to taste the profiteroles. My order of preference: pistachio > strawberry > chocolate. I really like the pistachio which was more distinctive.


All in all it was a good meal and I would certainly recommend checking out Aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment